The Consulting arm of GEE LAW FIRM is collaborating with the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and other Major sectoral bodies in the Integrated Marketing Communications(IMC) Industry in Nigeria to organize the Premier Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights in Advertising and Media(IPRAM) .
Established in 1963, the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) is the non-governmental, not-for-profit professional association of Public Relations (PR)practitioners chartered by Decree 16 of June 1990 now an Act of Parliament to regulate and develop the public relations practice in Nigeria with functioning Chapters in the 36 States of the Federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Among other activities PR consultants engage in Paid Advertising i.e Preparation, purchase and placement of purposefully planned and executed messages in selected print, broadcast, online or social media to further the interest of an organization or person.
Details of the IPRAM workshop are;
TOPIC; INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN ADVERTISING; THE GAME CHANGER
Date – Friday 29th November,2019
Venue –Radisson Hotel (Former Protea ),Isaac John Street ,GRA ,Ikeja ,Lagos
Timing ; 9.00AM TO 1 P.M.
The workshop will focus on two main Areas ;
1.Overview of Intellectual Property Rights in Advertising ,including opportunities and potentials for increased value creation, revenue generation and impact.
2.Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Advertising in Nigeria and Remedies (immediate,short and long term).
A.Key Note Speaker-MR LANRE ADISA(LA)- ,CEO NOAHS ARK LTD(Global Award Winning Agency,amongst the Top 10 Agencies in Nigeria ). Lanre Adisa occupies the 11th position on Lurzer’s Archive Global Creative Leadership Ranking
Panelists include ;
- Dr Ayoyemi Lawal – Arowolo -LL.B, BL, LL.M (Indianapolis), Ph.D (Kent) ,Intellectual Property Rights Protection Expert (Nigeria and Sub Saharan Africa) ,An Associate Professor Department of Private and Commercial Law, Babcock University School of Law and Security Studies.
2.Yomi Badejo-Okusanya-President African Public Relations Association(APRA) and GROUP MANAGING DIRECTOR – CMC CONNECT
- Nosakhare Uwadiae Esq (Convener)–Intellectual Property (IP )and Advertising Lawyer,Registered Advertising Practitioner ,with over 25 years hands on experience in the Advertising Industry in Nigeria.
4 Damola Adediji Esq. – Intellectual Property and Dispute Resolution Practice Associate at Olaniwun Ajayi LP (Legal Practitioners). Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre(MIPLC) ,Germany.
- Fiona Uwagwu – Managing Director , Ogilvy Nigeria(Global Affiliate- Marketing and Advertising Network).
- Obafemi Agaba,Esq-Partner & Sector Head IP litigation and Brand Protection ,Jackson ,Etti &Edu.
7. Olubukunola Olateru, FCIS- Company Secretary/Legal Adviser at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria PLC
8.Mr Joko Okupe-M.D Soulsight Nigeria Ltd
For Registration and Sponsorship ,please call 234-80-53266716 0r email email@example.com;